Dare Me Beautiful Twitter Facebook Instagram Pinterest

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Death To The Acyrlic French Tip

   WACK !!!!!!!!!
Ladies, I am so sorry but I HAVE to get this off my chest because I cannot even take it. I realize I may get stoned for this from all you nail enthusiasts out there but I refuse to let another summer commence without making my sentiments plain: I need that damn french tip acrylic nails to DIE. SLOW.

Back in the day as a young whipper snapper, who didn't flock to nail shop to get that very first manicure with the few pennies you scrapped up from working that part-time gig at the mall. You probably thought you were grown, too flouncing out of the shop with that fresh french manicure. I know I personally wore those babies out, knowing I was too broke to get them refreshed any time soon.

Now, however, nothing nettles me more than seeing a woman over the age of 18 rocking those square, long white tip nails, especially after they turn into dingy, chipped white after a few days...ugh. It is just so tacky and dated.  And I won't even mention how I feel about those acrylic french tip toe nails but the name Barney Rubble does comes to mind.

More naturally-shaped nail looks are where it is at and I encourage all of to go there because I would hate for any of you to go out like this:



or this:


A shame...would never want to catch you in the streets like this, but you do what you feel. Just a little tip (pun totally unintended-partially :) ) from me to you.


6 comments:

  1. Eww. That picture with the shoes and those nails is gross!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent My Friend, the world must here the TRUTH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...I had to do it. People are trying to bring them back and I cannot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lordy, i just fell off my couch. this is the first time i have ever been here, and-- THAT SECOND PICTURE!! my heart almost stopped i laughed so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ummm, if you see me in the street with my toes looking like I just got pedicuring tips from the Wicked Witch of the West, be sure to tell me fam.

    I'm just sayin'....

    ~Valerie

    ReplyDelete