Dare Me Beautiful Twitter Facebook Instagram Pinterest

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Would You Buy Makeup in the Subway?

Photo credit

I can't tell you how many mornings I have spent fumbling around in my handbag looking for my "face" aka my makeup bag while running to catch my train. So when I heard that beauty company L’OrĂ©al launched a vending machine installation this month at the 42nd Street-Bryant Park subway station in NYC, I was both intrigued and delighted. Mostly intrigued. I mean this is the New York transit system we are talking about here. Nevertheless, I think it is an ingenious concept.

The pop up machines called the "Intelligence Color Experience," can  scan and detect the colors the customer is wearing and recommend products to match your outfit. 


According to a spokesman for the beauty brand, the installation, which will run through December 30, will offer "an amazing high-tech experience" for patrons. The MTA (Metropolitan Transportation Authority) said they will be watching program very closely to see if this can be duplicated in the future with other products-all of which could translate to lower subway fares. I think I speak for other urban dwellers everywhere when I say "Yes Gawd!" to that. 

I must take a field trip on the B train just to check it out. But what do you think? Would you buy makeup in a subway stations?

No comments:

Post a Comment