Dare Me Beautiful Twitter Facebook Instagram Pinterest

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

ONCE YOU GO BIG, YOU NEVER GO TWIG!!!


(image source: Jezebel.com)

Now I would be lying to you if I said reality televsion is not a guilty pleasure of mine, but it is my observation that it is rare that reality TV actually showcases uplifing messaging in my opinion, which is why I was absolutely tickled and delighted when I saw the preview for the TLC Network's upcoming reality TV series "Big Sexy." The show follows five gorgeous, fashion-focused plus-size women in New York who are committed to conquring the big city. What I love about the preview was the vision of brazen women who loved their size and refused to conform to stick-skinny standard of beauty, and I love non-comformity. The show appears to be a stark contrast to other stereotypical images of insecure plus-size women because the fact of the matter is, not all women desire to be a size zero, myself included. I hope the show does well, and if not, it will certainly give a refreshingly empowering perspective, at the very least. And I LOVE the show's tagline:

"ONCE YOU GO BIG, YOU NEVER GO TWIG!!!"



"BIG SEXY" airs on TLC on August 30 at 10:00 PM-11:00 PM EST

What do you think: Will this type of  TV show be a major hit?

(image source: Beutifulmagazine.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment